Video is widely considered to be one of the best ways of getting your message across. And of course, being a video producer I tend to agree.
But what are the sort of things you can expect from video marketing in 2018? Here’s a handy list:
- Get the most from your content – Don’t just share your videos. Squeeze every bit of tasty video juice out of them. This means creating ‘quote cards’ with little tips written on them (see video), infographics and my personal favourite ‘GIFs’ for a little touch of humour.
- Episodic Content – With the launch of YouTube Red Originals and Facebook’s Watch both of these video juggernauts will be serialising their own original content. So my tip for creators is to follow in that mold. Make your videos seem like episodes in a series, keep the same templates across each video and you’ll be rewarded.
- Focus on Quality – Don’t just concentrate on making your video look good (it will help people stay tuned for longer) but make sure your content is spot on too. Viewers will see through you if you’re recycling the same ideas week in week out. KEEP. IT. FRESH.
- Live Video – It was big in 2017, it will only get bigger and better in 2018. Make sure you’re already doing it and doing it well.
- Be Yourself – People will like you for being you. I see so many people putting on an act and viewers will soon see straight through it. Be genuine, be real and engage with your audience.