I remember the first testimonial I received after starting my business in 2011. I was really excited by the prospect of it, thinking it was going to be amazing. But when it was emailed through to me I felt really flat. To be honest the testimonial was bad. It was along the lines of:
‘Mark was really great, he’s a great guy and did a good job’
Not what I wanted, and certainly not what I expected.
Since starting the Video Toolkit I’ve tried to find ways of improving every aspect of the videos I make and the ones I help other people make. That’s why I teach 6 simple questions to get a solid testimonial:
- Who are you and who do you serve?
- What were things like before you started working with us?
- Why did you invite us in?
- What happened as a result of working with us?
- What surprised you?
- How would you recommend us?
I go into even more detail in this week’s episode of The Video Show, check. it. out.